Wow. That’s a big name. For a big watch. And one of only two gold watches in my collection. (Well, not including a two-tone Rolex Datejust I received for graduation decades ago…)
Rose Gold. Brown sunburst dial. Thick, meaty deployant strap. This is not the most practical pilot watch, but it sure is purty.
I’m a sucker for pilot’s watches. It started with a Glaschutte Original Senator Navigator that was the first non-big-brand (Rolex, Omega) watch that I owned.
But this is the first gold watch I ever purchased.
WHAT I LIKE:
- That brown sunburst dial. It’s just beautiful
- The typeface of the Arabic numerals (and the blue lume on ’em at night)
- Fantastic thick, leather strap with 18k red gold deployant
- Flyback chrono with stacked minutes/hours hands on the same dial
NOT SO MUCH:
- It’s big 43mm and heavy (18k red gold)
- It gets a lot of attention.
- Classic pilot’s watches are typically not gold.
MODEL NAME: IWC Pilot’s Watch Chronograph Edition Antione De Saint Exupery
REFERENCE NUMBER: IW387805
MOVEMENT: IWC Calibre 89361 (68 hour power reserve)
CASE SIZE: 43mm
WATER RESISTANCE: 60m/200ft
OTHER REVIEW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6WQUYLqKck