Don’t get me wrong – I love the new Omega Planet Oceans. Ceramic bezels, display backs, more technically advanced movements – these are all very good things about the new POs.
But there is still a soft spot in my heart for the older, aluminum bezel PO. It s chunky watch (probably no more than the new PO chrono) and you need a decent wrist to pull it off. But this is a tool watch through and through, and the grey matte dial, applied Omega logo at 12 and the interesting date aperture at 4:30 make this watch one of my favorites.
Make sure to check out my video review of this timepiece.
WHAT I LIKE:
- Older-school Planet Ocean – like the aluminum bezel vibe
- The color-matched chrono pushers (black on my watch)
- The grey matte dial
NOT SO MUCH:
- It’s a chunky watch
- Seamaster deployant buckle seriously prone to scratches
- The big & boring rehaut has always bothered me
- The 3313 movement is controversial (although mine has had no issues)
MODEL NAME: Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 600 M Co-Axial Chronograph 45.5 MM
REFERENCE NUMBER: 2210.50.00
MOVEMENT: Omega Cal. 3313 (52 hour power reserve)
CASE SIZE: 45.5mm
WATER RESISTANCE: 600m/2000ft