So, Seiko makes millions of watches a month and almost no hands touch a watch thru the entire production. Grand Seiko makes thousands of watches a year and few machines touch them thru production.
That is one of the most amazing things about Grand Seiko, and one of the many, many reasons I am a fan of this brand.
This Grand Seiko features a lacquered off-white dial, a stainless steel case, a brown croc deployant strap, sapphire display back, blued GMT hand and some of the best fit and finish inside or outside of Switzerland. In other words, this watch is tight.
WHAT I LIKE:
- It’s a Grand Seiko, need I say more
- The lovely lacquered dial and blued GMT hand
- Better than COSC accuracy from a traditional automatic movement second to none
NOT SO MUCH:
- At 39.5mm, it’s a smaller watch
- The strap is good quality but not excellent
- Grand Seiko packaging could be better
MODEL NAME: Grand Seiko GMT
REFERENCE NUMBER: SBGM021
MOVEMENT: Grand Seiko 9S66 (72 hour power reserve)
CASE SIZE: 39.5mm
WATER RESISTANCE: 30m/100ft
MANUFACTURER LINK: http://www.grand-seiko.com/collection/detail.php?pid=SBGM021